Friday, January 25, 2008

Heart of darkness. Just the mere name of this book gave me little to none motivation to read it. The entire book had such a predictable tone to it, being so dark and gloomy. Id like to think when someone is on a journey to find them self that the last thing they would be hoping to stumble upon is the "darkness inside them". I don't know any English proverbs that tell one to look for the evilness inside of them and they will find the truth. I did not care for how dense the language of the book was. I had to reread so many pages, trying to understand merely what was going on with the plot. Heart of Darkness may have only been 100 pages but I got so much more out of 20 pages of Invisible man then I did the 100 pages of Heart of Darkness. The only part about the book that I liked was the ending. I liked the fact that when he was faced with the evil head on, he knew enough to turn away from it. If the book had ended with him going to the dark side, it would of added to its defaults.

1 comment:

Mr. Klimas said...

Include some analysis in with your hatred.